Wednesday 9 December 2009

Thankful in Christ

Dear brothers and sisters!

Now I’m home, but I’m still weak and need a lot of help from the community health nurses who visit our home 3-4 times a day. Gunilla is, of course, such a support, and a source of love and strength. Being away from each other such a long time - 225 days - we need your prayers for being and working together in the family and the Kingdom. My special needs are the healing of my hands and my sight. There are only a few sores left and my skin is in the healing process.

I have contact with quite a few brothers and sisters, and I'm very happy about the loving care I've received from all of you, and the reports I’m hearing. Your visits, emails, cards, text messages, etc have encouraged me so much. I'm so thankful for all the prayers from all over Sweden and the whole world. In Uddevalla, this has helped to unite the body of Christ. You never know when I'll come back in full strength, but we will continue to pray that my sores will heal quickly. I'm hoping to join the race again, in due time.

I'm attending leadership meetings and some of the public meetings at church, especially Sunday mornings. There will be many dear and emotional reunions similar to the first Sunday morning meeting on Fathers' Day at Fristaden in Uddevalla. Our friend, Paul Forsén, taught about "God as Our Daddy", and at the end, Janne Sääf asked me to share something. I shared, "The church is a family and needs a leadership. The leaders are the fathers of the family, and they can't force their authority upon the church, but in the long run, they can be trusted as fathers, advisors, encouragers, coaches, and so on." I asked the elders to go out in the congregation and give the people who wanted it a fatherly blessing. A large percent of the ones who got blessed started to cry. The first meeting I attended was in some ways hard for me, but in so many other ways, a great blessing, and so many of the sisters and brothers have had their hearts touched by this journey.

The outreach to Kenya, led by Janne and Gunilla, meant a lot to the team of youth. It's fantastic how our sisters and brothers in Africa live and work for the Lord, and it was moving to see the pictures of the team out working in the Nairobi slums.

Now we’re looking forward to the Christmas holidays when we’ll gather as a family and invite others.

Many thanks for your prayer support and gifts!

Thankful in Christ,
Håkan

No comments:

Post a Comment