Sunday 6 September 2009

Yet another visit with my brother

Yesterday we drove up from Varberg. Just as it started to rain, a shower came. Then I thought about the song, “Showers of grace will fall”.

The first thing we saw was Håkan, without his walker, in the corridor. It was so fantastic to see. He didn’t have any problem walking. And he recognized us a long way off. His first comment was, ”My, you’re tall!” He didn’t say that to me, but to Samuel, my son. I’m not any taller than Håkan.

Back to the song, “Showers of grace will fall”. They haven’t been small showers here, but rather DOWNPOURS of grace, over Håkan. What we’re seeing is so fantastic. Just to be able to see him walk, without any assistance. And that he recognizes us from a distance. The great Doctor is there with His showers (downpours) of grace.

We stayed until it was time for Håkan to eat and came back at 1:30 pm, because Dan was going to come then and pick up Håkan for a little outing. We drove to the house and had coffee on the patio. We had a really nice time telling about the things the Gniste brothers had experienced during their childhood as officer’s children in the Salvation Army. (It can be a very funny book.) “The pastor’s children are always the worst.”

When we sat there and talked, Håkan reminded me that I hadn’t written anything about my last visit. I didn’t have a chance – Gunilla beat me to it, and what she wrote was so good. But I thought back and remembered that the time flew by when we were there last.

You could recognize Håkan then, and you could see the teacher in him. We spoke about how the church should function, and what Fristaden had gone through, and about how it was at the Salvation Army in Varberg. Many interesting thoughts were presented by Håkan. I said to Inger, “Now he’s on the ball.” The discussion was based the whole time upon what had been revealed to Håkan through the Word of God. Håkan is really with it. Three hours just disappeared.

Back to yesterday. After being at the house for a while, Håkan took us sightseeing in Uddevalla.

When we got back to the hospital, we stayed a little while in the TV room. There was a program on that showed parts of an old series. It’s been a long time since I last saw Håkan laugh so much. His tear ducts really got a workout. Håkan said that it was probably good to be able to laugh like that.

After 6 hours, we parted and wished each other GOD’S BLESSING.

“Showers of grace will fall.”

Greetings,

Per-Göran Gniste

No comments:

Post a Comment