Sunday 14 June 2009

God is good – all the time!

Our trips to Kenya are filled with tension. We never really know what will happen, but certain things recur every trip, for example, “God is good – all the time!” When we hear several thousand Kenyans rejoicing before God and shouting “God is good – all the time!” there’s something that happens inside of us. We, in the west, have a lot to learn – things that were so obvious in Sweden in the previous generation.

To be able to rejoice over little things, see God’s goodness through everything. He never changes – things we go through change, but ”God is good – all the time!” The nice thing is that if we can live in that, we change and something good comes out of every situation we go through.

Much good can come out of everything that Håkan and we, as a family, are going through now, if we speak out, ”God is good – all the time!” I don’t know how many times that, as I’ve said it quietly inside myself, something of God’s greatness has become even more visible.

For several months, I’ve existed in a quiet thankfulness, over the fact that we all came out, that we all are alive, and that prayer has been there. Now, as Håkan is getting better and better, my whole inner being is filled with such a depth of thankfulness that all of me – with my body, soul and spirit – can sing along, ”God is good – all the time!” I’ve known that the whole time, but now my whole being is united in that proclamation.

Dave Tidy, an old friend of ours, has come from England to visit Håkan. We drove together with Amelie and Daniel down to the hospital yesterday. Daniel told Håkan about his successful graduation party, and Amelie about the end-of-the-year assembly, when she sang and graduated from 9th grade. “God is good – all the time!”

We read, prayed, and took turns conversing. Dave and Håkan had an English conversation, while I spoke with the nurse. The gang went and got something to eat, so Håkan and I could be alone for a little while. There are many things that have happened that Håkan is getting more and more clarity about now. Several of his questions got cleared up, and as he expressed it, “It was very important for me to get clarity in that.”

I could kiss Håkan on the cheek for the first time; his cheeks have become so nice. “God is good - all the time!”

Please pray with us for Håkan:
1. His eye operation
2. No infections
3. The remaining 2-4% sores on his back
4. His processing of the accident

Thanks for being there for us now.
Bless you!
Hugs,
Gunilla

No comments:

Post a Comment