Thursday 11 June 2009

Hallelujah!! Praise God!!

Now I want to ”Praise God,” so I burst out in a ”Hallelujah!” “Hallelujah” means “Praise God!”

When Håkan came out of the house the night it burned, he couldn’t see anything. During the time he was sedated, Håkan had salve all over his face, so when he started waking up more and more, he could see, but it was hard to know how much.

In the beginning, I thought that if only Håkan survives I’ll be satisfied, but because he reads many hours a day, I thought I’d have to sit several hours a day and read for him in the future.

Now the staff down in Gothenburg has examined Håkan’s eyes and he can see. There isn’t any damage to the cornea. Hallelujah! The rods and cones will get better, but it can take time.

Now you understand why I want to ”praise the Lord” a little extra this evening. The Lord is worthy of all praise and an extra “Hallelujah!”

Today Håkan has been washed and his bandages redressed, without anesthesia. It took four hours, but it went well, so they have worked with his hands in warm water.

This evening we had the end-of-the-year assembly for the school. It was the first time in the school’s 15-year history that Håkan wasn’t there. When our girls sang, it felt a little empty without him, but inwardly I started thanking God that Håkan is alive and that he’s getting better day by day. Hallelujah!

“Lord, You are more precious than silver. Lord, You are more costly than gold. Lord, You are more beautiful than diamonds, and nothing I desire compares to You.”

Thank you, beloved friends and siblings, for being there, praying with us when needed, and thanking God with us for all small and large wonders. Hallelujah!

God bless you all!
Hugs,
Gunilla

No comments:

Post a Comment