Monday 6 July 2009

The Lord is a hero who can save.

“The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.”
Zeph. 3:17

When we were in London, we lived with a couple in their eighties, wonderful people with whom Håkan has stayed several times. When we looked in their guestbook, Håkan had written that Bible verse to them in 1997. Now, 12 years later, we were standing in central London, outside Cafe Wesley, singing for Håkan and quoting that verse for him.

Yesterday Josefina, Gabriella and I drove down to Håkan. When we came, he wasn’t in his room, but was sitting on the balcony eating. We went there, and there he sat, satisfied, in the shade, and there was a nice breeze. After a few hours, the nurses took Håkan in and we continued our conversation in Håkan’s room. Håkan told us it was his third time outdoors. Anna has driven him twice in a wheelchair around Sahlgrenska, in a ”wheelchair rally”, as Håkan put it.

The operation on Håkan’s back went well. The doctors even operated on parts of his head – new skin on the left side. Now Håkan has skin everywhere, but it’s thin in many places. Please continue to pray that “his wounds will heal quickly”.

When we were about to go, we took out a Bible and read the same verse again that we had read for Håkan in London, before praying together.

“The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.”

God bless you all!
Hugs
Gunilla

3 comments:

  1. It is good to hear of Haken's continued progress, for which I thank our God and Saviour Jesus Christ. I have not seen Haken and his family for many years, but he had a profound effect on me during our times together and I shall not forget the kindness he and his family showed me.
    I am at home in England and have cancer which my doctors have said is incurable. But my life and my future is in the hands of Jesus, and my trust is in Him. What he is doing for Haken he can also do for me. Hallelujah!
    God bless you all, in His wonderful name,
    Bob Short

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Bob!
    We have been praying for you too. Send greetings
    to you family.Bless!!
    Gunilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dear Gunilla,
    Sorry to be so late writing back. So wonderful to hear from you. My love in Jesus to all of you, and special blessing to Haken.
    When the time is right I will come to visit you again. It is wonderful and peaceful to be in the hands of our God.
    Bless you all,
    Bob Short

    ReplyDelete