Sunday 12 July 2009

“Overcome evil with good!”

Of course, things happen that aren’t the best for us…
Our whole house – including the basement, 2 floors, and the attic – is drying after being sprayed with something that will keep it from smelling of smoke in the future. It’s guaranteed to be smoke-free! The house is only a shell at this point!

It’s interesting to see how we have managed to handle everything that has happened. Things that we have lost that can’t be replaced – then the thought comes, “You can’t take anything with you where you’re going…”

Then we find something we’re extra fond of and we cheer with delight, like when I found the ring Håkan gave me after 33 years of marriage. Or when I found a small Dalecarlian horse that my dad gave me when I was 6 years old. Or when some of my clothes just happened to be lying in the laundry and didn’t get burned – 4 pieces of clothing from my old life – what a feeling that I can’t describe with words.

All the good people who have donated furniture, books and gifts. All the postcards, greetings on the blog, and flowers… You have had a part in “overcoming evil with good!” It’s been like balm in our situation. Many thanks!

All the churches who have sent money have made it possible for us to make it financially through this difficult time. You have had a part in “overcoming evil with good!” Thank you! It’s been like balm in our situation.

When my computer got stolen from the new apartment, it was a little too much for me. I thought it was enough with everything else we had lost. You who gave me the new computer, you had a part in “overcoming evil with good!” Thanks! It’s been like balm...

When I came out and saw my nice, little, new car damaged – the rear-view mirror crushed, the whole back end damaged – the first thought was, “But Håkan is alive anyway; what’s a car?” After a while, when I understood that it would cost thousands of crowns for the deductible, I prayed to God for help and calmed down. You who have gotten together and promised to pay for the deductible, you’ve had a part in “overcoming evil with good.” Thanks! It’s been like balm...

You who have experienced a fire yourselves and were so blessed that you wanted to give moulding and trim for our “new” house. Thanks! You are “overcoming evil with good!”

So, a big THANKS to everyone who is with us in the struggle to “overcome evil with good.”

Thanks for praying for the whole family! Thanks for praying especially for Håkan!

God bless you all!
Hugs,
Gunilla

No comments:

Post a Comment