Tuesday 25 August 2009

Sunday hospital rally

On Sunday afternoon, the staff took 5 patients from the hospital out on a wheelchair rally, down the hill to the park, where they all had a snack. It rained a little, but they were all so happy for the chance to get outside. That was when Håkan coined the phrase, “Sunday hospital rally”.

Per-Göran and Inger visited Håkan in the afternoon. They stayed for several hours and had a worthwhile conversation, Håkan said.

Nova and her mom, Johanna, also visited Grandpa, and Nova told him about the Sunday service we had on the beach, at Skeppsviken. Aunt Bella danced and Grandma sang about her backside, that is, ”Thank you, God, for all of me…heart…”

When I came up to Håkan, he was out walking in the corridor with his walker. He lit up, a long way away, so I asked him how he could see that it was me from so far away. He answered that he recognized right away the color purple.

We sat and talked and today Håkan was much more energetic – nice. We read out of his daily devotional and prayed together.

Now it’s easier to hold Håkan’s hand, but some of his fingers are very sensitive. I could hold his hand a long while. From his hands being totally bandaged, with skin transplants, to being healed. Now it’s time for physical and occupational therapy, and he’s making progress.

“But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength...” Is. 40:31

“…I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” Is. 41:10

God bless you all!
Hugs,
Gunilla

No comments:

Post a Comment