Wednesday 6 May 2009

Thanks for everything

Thanks for all love, encouragement, text messages, flowers and gifts! I prayed for an extra encouragement, when Håkan wasn’t home on my birthday.

It started already in Horred. A couple of friends gave me money to shop with. I saw all kinds of things that we needed for our house. When I put the things I’d gathered on the counter, someone who had heard that it was my birthday came and paid for everything. I got so happy and started gathering more things – it was so cheap. When I came to the counter to pay, that was also paid for! With money in my pocket, I drove to IKEA and bought a beautiful lavender-pink vacuum cleaner. Talk about surprises! My prayers had really been answered. It just continued. The day was so nice, cozy, and fun with a bunch of surprises, both at school and here at home.

The greatest present of all was of course that Håkan ate real food for the first time since the 2nd of March. Thank you, Lord, for every step forward! Today, Tuesday, it was time for a bath and re-bandaging for Håkan again. It was the first time they didn’t anaesthetise Håkan, but only gave him pain medication.

PRAYER REQUEST: Tomorrow, Wednesday, they will operate on Håkan, on the lower part of his stomach, lower back, left shoulder and both upper arms. Thank you for standing with us in prayer, that the operation will go well.

The nurse said that the legs and feet have healed well, but that the skin is so thin that they are bandaged for protection. What a victorious report! I am so thankful for all the progress in Håkan’s body. Thank you for all your prayers!

”When I rest, Jesus works in me, when I rest from my work, when I rest, rest, rest in God, the Spirit of God works through me.” We sing that over and over again, by Håkan’s bed. God is there. God’s rest is there and Håkan gets to rest and heal in that environment.

A big thanks to all the fantastic staff, a big thanks to all who pray and are thinking about Håkan, a big thanks to our Lord and Master that Håkan is alive and that the healing process is moving forward so quickly. “Thank you, thank you, my Jesus. Thank you, thank you, my Jesus…I just want to thank you, I just want to thank you!”

God bless you all!
Hugs
Gunilla

No comments:

Post a Comment