Saturday 21 March 2009

Exhortation to participate in prayer and fasting

I believe that most of you who are reading this understand what prayer and fasting are, so I won’t dwell on that. I don’t believe that everything which has happened to Håkan and his family is an isolated event, and I don’t believe it only concerns their family. It is something bigger that affects Uddevalla, above all, but it can reach even further than that. I also believe that it demands prayer and fasting for a breakthrough.

So, I want to exhort you to stand with us in an act of prayer and fasting for Håkan’s healing, but also for the breakthrough which I believe God desires to happen in Uddevalla. The water/juice fast will continue every Monday from midnight to midnight until Håkan is out of danger. We’ll start with four weeks, beginning the 23rd of March. Pray and believe God for a complete healing of Håkan’s skin, for a complete healing of the family physically and emotionally, and for a changed city, a vision which Håkan has also borne for a long time.

The goal is that there would be at least 40 days of fasting every week; in other words, 40 people participating is the goal. Even if you can’t be with us from the start, your participation is still important. If you fast, please send an email to Fristaden (jang@fristaden.nu) – if you want to remain anonymous – or via the blog. Priests, pastors, and elders from Uddevalla’s churches are participating, which I believe is very important and an enormous joy.

Peter Ljunggren (Uddevalla)

No comments:

Post a Comment