Thursday 26 March 2009

This is a day I'll never forget!

This is a day I’ll never forget!

Johanna and I drive to Jönköping, where we meet up with Jakob and Rebecca; we continue on to Linköping.

The sun is shining and we try to prepare ourselves for the visit with Håkan.

I haven’t been able to visit Håkan earlier because I’ve had to go to the clinic every day to get my wounds dressed. Energy is coming back more and more now.

Now we come to Håkan’s ward. All three of our children have been there before, and try to prepare their mother.

We meet a nurse and a doctor, who explain as well as they can, but I must confess that I can’t take everything in.

Now it is time; I look first through the window. There lies my beloved husband, on a warm bed, sedated, with a respirator.

We start to talk to him and the response Håkan gives is enormous. He reacts so strongly that I get scared at first, but the nurse sees my insecurity and says, “Continue.” He recognizes our voices, and when I talk about the blog – all the people from different countries who are praying – Håkan’s lip starts to quiver.

I read “Imagine” from yesterday, and Håkan follows – he hears, he understands and can take it in.

I tell him about the money which has come in, that his bills are paid, that we’ll keep his car, that he shouldn’t worry about anything – then he breathes more calmly. “Your spirit is strong. You can handle this. Relax. Give all the energy you have to the healing process. I can manage. Many are helping us. You don’t need to worry yourself.”

When we prayed and read some Bible verses, Håkan was present. His character and his spirit are the same.

50% of the burns are 3rd degree and 20% are 2nd degree, they said today.

Thank you for all prayer, thank you for all help, thank you for all gifts. We meet in prayer for Håkan.

God bless you!

A thankful
Gunilla

4 comments:

  1. We are praying for your family! We attend Crown Christian Center in Odessa, Missouri, USA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gunilla
    It is wonderful to have an English blog site now! We have obviously been keepign up with news as it has been forwarded to us through Dave Richards, but to be able to read your own worsd today on the blog was so moving. All that you and Hakan have sown over the years is beign reaped by you now in terms of love, support, help and prayer. May the fulness of the harvest be yours indeed! We continue to pray for you all very much.
    With love and prayers,
    Mike Beaumont, oxford, S&L european Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gunilla,
    We really appreciate the updates, so thank you for taking the time to do them as it means so much to hear it from you.

    Our prayers and love go out to you and your family.
    All our love Hannah (Richards) and David xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gunilla, thank you for all these updates regarding Hakan and you and your family. We are praying for you and with you as is our whole church and we send our love and compassion faith for complete healing and restoration!

    Don & Cheri White, Christ's Family Church, Omaha, Nebraska

    ReplyDelete