Monday 6 April 2009

My brave soldier

Before the fire, Håkan and I had talked about making a trip to Stockholm with our teenagers around Easter vacation.

Now we’ve made the trip, via Linköping to visit Håkan, and on to the capital city. We stayed at Lännersta, and visited our old friends, Inga and Bert and their family.

Stockholm was at its best – the first real spring day, sunny and warm. We parked the car by the palace and went bargain-hunting for clothes. After dinner, I took the car and made a nostalgic trip to Östermalm and Djurgården.

Now it’s Sunday and we have an appointment to see Håkan in the afternoon. There he lies, my brave soldier, awake and waiting for us.

When Daniel talks about the apartment the guys have received, Håkan turns his head toward Daniel…what a feeling…

When Amelie speaks about our new home, her nice room and Bella’s room, Håkan is present and listens. He takes everything in and nods with his head.

When I tell Håkan that the house is still standing and will be renovated, he smiles. When I say that we’ve found our rings, then we read on his lips, “Where?” “In our bedroom,” then he smiles again.

We read Psalm 23 ”The Lord is my shepherd” together and pray… I look at Håkan and say, “I love you” and on his lips we can read his answer, “I love you too.”…what a feeling…

”You are my brave soldier, you are stubborn, have patience like no other; if there’s anyone who can handle this, it’s you.” And the brave soldier looks at me and smiles…

Amelie, Bella, Daniel and I were so thankful for this trip, and the high point of it was getting to meet our brave soldier.

Håkan has really gone into a new phase, so stand with us and thank God for that, and that his wounds will continue to heal quickly.

Thanks for all your prayers!!
God bless you!!

We’ll meet in prayer for Håkan…my brave soldier…

Hugs,
Gunilla

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gunilla, this is Shobha from Bombay,India. We have never met, but I read your posts daily and pray for Hakan and you often. Storms are so much a part of our walk with God.We serve a God who can speak to the winds and calm the storm. But other times, he lets the storm rage around us, and calms the storm within us. I see that in you as I read thro' each of your posts. God bless, dear Gunilla and your brave soldier. Be encouraged. Lots of love and prayers.Shobha

    ReplyDelete