Wednesday 15 April 2009

To God be the glory

“To God be the glory, to God be the glory, to God be the glory, for the things He has done. With His blood He has saved me. With His power He has raised me. To God be the glory, for the things He has done.”

I sat alone in my little pink-lavender car. The sun was shining. Some coltsfoot lit up in the ditch… Now it’s spring. I prayed and thanked God for my life, that we are all living, that we all got out of the burning house… That all of the teenagers made it out without burns, that my wounds have healed so well, so quickly, that my face is normal again… “To God be the glory…”

“How can I say thanks for the things You have done for me, things so undeserved, yet You gave to prove Your love for me. The voices of a million angels could not express my gratitude. All that I am and ever hope to be, I owe it all to Thee. To God be the glory…”

My whole being was filled with such gratitude, love to the God who I have served my whole adult life. The tears just ran. He deserves the glory for everything, and He has everything in His hand, of that I’m sure. We belong to Him… ”To God be the glory…”

Håkan is lying there, in God’s hand. The doctors and staff are doing a fantastic job. He’s getting the best care he can get in Sweden. They said that Håkan has hard skin, and that is very good now. The infection is cured, because of the operation they did on the top of his head. And his back, which is starting to heal on its own… “To God be the glory…”

Håkan has a long road ahead of him, but day after day, we see small miracles…every little thing is proof of your love… When I stood by Håkan’s bed and sang, ”How can I say thanks…”, then I know he was with me in the song, ”To God be the glory…”

Stand with us and thank God for every little step forward – it makes room for the next little miracle to come. We “…call the things that are not, as though they were.” (Rom. 4:17)

God bless you!
With love,
Gunilla

2 comments:

  1. Vi tänker på er och ber för er!!
    /Björn & Tess Nordén i Västerås

    ReplyDelete
  2. The people in Lutterworth (England) pray for you all every Wednesday morning. We are pleased to share the good news and look for more in the near future.
    To God be the glory ...
    Steve & Angela Salmen

    ReplyDelete